Thursday, June 25, 2009

Travel Diary Day 2

My second day started bright and early at 7:00am so I could get ready and meet my group for breakfast at 8:30. We had breakfast in the hotel's restaurant, and I'm not use to having breakfast so I was worried my stomach wouldn't like it. Food was alright, I had two eggs with bacon, the eggs were just ok, the bacon was better. Then the people from the hotel took us on a tour of the place. Seeing the private beach and the lazy river made me wish I could use it right there, but sadly they just wanted to torture me. Hopefully I'll get time to use them before I leave, even if it's only for an hour.

Then we went on a long drive near the Everglades to Billie Swamp Safari. We had to make sure we had on plenty of bug spray for this place because those critters were everywhere. I got to see nice big tortoises, tropical birds, and snakes in cages. After these preliminaries, we went on an airboat ride through the swamp. I got scared when one of the alligators came right up next to our boat next to me. Next we had lunch at their cafe which had a very disapointing menu for me. Everything was deep friend. And they actually had real alligator nuggets, alligator tail, and frog legs on their menu. It seems weird to me that a place based mostly on the gator, they would respect them...not hack them up and serve them to tourists. Whatever, I wasn't eating that.

After that we went on a swamp buggy tour and for some reason I started feeling really sleepy and was falling in and out of sleep. That wasn't good, and I was trying everything to stay awake. That tour was very long though, and was mostly alot of trees almost hitting me in the face. Then ostriches attacked our buggy and once again one of them was right next to me. I was happy when we finally left because we spent a long time in the sun.

Now it was a long drive back, but we were now heading to Wannado City, a role playing theme park for kids where they can be any profession they want. It was so very cute that I can't even say how cute it really was. They give kids their fake money and credit card so they can run around and either buy things or earn money working jobs. Every profession was made to look very realistic. They had every job from doctor to model. So for instance, in the hospital kids can work in the emergency room, the operating room, or the nursery, and they have realitsic looking instruments, bodies, and tools. It can actually be a little scary for younger kids.

Every profession is run like a time scheduled activity. A worker is in charge of facilating the jobs and when it's time for one to start they will walk the kids through them. Another fun one is working as a firefighter, they have a building on fire and the kids come from the fire station in the truck to put the fire out with real working hoses. If I was still a kid I would love this place.

So yeah I saw all of this on our tour that they gave us. They also gave us a gift bag of press material with a brick...that was weird. Then while we were all waiting for the kids to finish playing we learned Michael Jackson died. Sad. Finally we could move on to dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe. Talk about a fancy looking place! Everything was so nice and spacious. The food was better than anything I had so far. I had the blue cheese salad, it was actually very big. After dinner I was feeling way beyond stuffed and couldn't wait to get back to my room.

So here I am now, and I should sleep much earlier than I did yesterday. I don't want to be falling asleep with butterflies all over me.

No comments: